Love Apple Farms
Student Farmer Training Program
"A farm is a manipulative creature. There is no such thing as finished. Work comes in a stream and has no end. There are only the things that must be done now and things that can be done later. The threat the farm has got on you, the one that keeps you running from can until can't, is this: do it now, or some living thing will wilt or suffer or die. It's blackmail, really.” ― Kristin Kimball
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens.
They are the most vigorous, the most independent, the most virtuous." - Thomas Jefferson
Love Apple Farms welcomes positive, teachable, non-complaining, situationally aware, get-it-done, take-responsibility, clean-cut, grateful, drug-free, smoke-free, and hard-working apprentices to the farm.
- Work and learn 5 days per week, off two days except every third week, which is a 6-day week.
- Room, good food, toiletries, wifi, utilities, and training are all provided. Accommodations include a full kitchen, bath, and bunk-style sleeping quarters.
- Expectations: like any experience, you will get out of it what you put into it.
- Stipend of $100 per month for incidentals. Love Apple invests heavily in the physical and intellectual needs of every apprentice and you should treat this as a major learning/working opportunity in your life.
- Warning: if you cannot take direction, receive feedback that points out you may be doing something wrong and how to make it right, or otherwise are unable to accept critiqueing, then this (or any workplace for that matter) is not for you and you should be your own boss.
- Much of your time, in addition to being out with the plants and animals, will be organizing and assisting with our extensive list of gardening, cooking, and homesteading workshops.
- We run a tidy farm that is often photographed, so we expect all apprentices to keep it looking beautiful, and that means their personal living quarters as well. Please do not apply if you are messy, unable to recognize that something is dirty or out of place, or otherwise unwilling to leave a clean wake in your path.
Love Apple is looking currently for apprentices for the October 2013 through April 2014 season (exact timing flexible). Email us at email@example.com for further information or to receive an application.